1. All submissions must be beta read. Glaring spelling mistakes and grammatical errors detract from the reader's experience and are not acceptable in stories posted on this site. Glaringly bad grammar will cause your fic to be deleted.
2. Each story or chapter of a story must be at least 500 words long. Please check your word count before submitting.
3. NO PLAGIARISM. We at NHA have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy when it comes to plagiarism and any attempt to pass off someone else's work as your own will result in your being banned from the site and your actions reported to any and all anti-plagiarism groups
4. No Mary Sue's. Please make sure all OC's actually are OC's.
5. No bestiality.
6. No rape PWP's. Rape as a plot point is fine, but there MUST be a plot.
7. Any characters involved in a sexual situation must be at least 16 years old.
8. Be sure you're uploading to the correct category. Fanfiction is not a category. Please put your fics in the correct subcategory. If you can't find the right one contact us and we'll correct that situation. Fics in the wrong categories will just be deleted. We aren't going to take the time to pick your category for you.
9. All Character and location names MUST be spelled correctly, and completely. Nicknames are acceptable for characters. We aren't suggesting you can't use Will instead of Willow. You can not, however, use W&H instead of typing out Wolfram and Hart. Not unless you can show me some point in an episode where a character actually said W&H.
10. If your fic has small errors that can be fixed easily, you'll be notified that you need to make certain changes. You'll then have a week to make those changes (and we will go back and check) if you haven't corrected the problems your fic will be deleted. You won't be warned or asked to fix it again, it will just be deleted. This includes those of you who no longer have to wait for validation.
11. Fics that are obviously rated wrong will be deleted. Particularly if you rate too low. You have a better chance of getting it by us by rating too high. In those cases you're more likely to have us just change your rating.
G rated fics should NEVER need warnings. If you have to warn for language, sex, violence, death, etc, it does not belong here.
PG rated can have some minor language concerns but should still be suitable for anyone that might wander across this site.
PG-13 rated fics should be at the level of the show (at least the first 5 seasons). If any situation is something they couldn't have aired, then rate it higher.
R rated is for fics that have sexual situations or violence although not too graphic.
NC-17 rated fics are where anything else belongs. Sex, violence, etc.
12. Real Person Fic is not allowed here. We are the Willow Zone of the BTVS Writer's Guild and all fiction submitted here must be about Willow Rosenberg, not Alyson Hannigan.
13. I thought this would go without saying but apparently it doesn't. If you must be at least 17 to read a particular rating (R or NC-17), you must also be 17 to post fic with those ratings. This is not just my rule, Webhosts have ToS too, and I'm not going to lose my hosting so children can post/read porn. This will be an offense that you will only get one warning on, and then your account will be removed.
|The authors own nothing. Joss, UPN, WB, etc. own Buffy, the show, the characters, the places, and the backstory. The authors own any original plots.|