Warning: include(func.pagemenu.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/shann730/nha.magical-worlds.us/soyouve.php on line 39
Warning: include(): Failed opening 'func.pagemenu.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear') in /home/shann730/nha.magical-worlds.us/soyouve.php on line 39
So You've Written a Fic...Now What?
You've done it. Your fic, your masterpiece is written. Now what do you do with it?
1. First of all, get it beta read! Why? Because you want your fic to be the best it can be, right? A beta reader is someone who reads it over and can give you suggestions on how to improve your fic!
2. Take the suggestions your beta reader put forward and edit, change, and rework your fic. Leave it for a few days, then come back and read it over. Are there parts you want to change? If so, do it.
3. Now that it's written, edited, and reworked, it's ready for the world. Isn't it? Not so! First you need to add...the header!!!
What should the header contain? A sample is below:
Title: My Fic (1/4)
Author's Name: Kaz
Author's Email and URL: firstname.lastname@example.org, http://nearheralways.com
Disclaimer: Joss Whedon and UPN own Buffy the Vampire Slayer in totality. Joss Whedon and the WB own Angel: the Series. No profit is made from this piece of fiction and no copyright infringement is intended.
Distribution: To my site, Near Her Always, all list archives, and anyone who has previous permission for my fics. Anyone else, please ask.
Feedback: Yes! Please let me know what you thought!
Dedication: to Joss for writing such awesome characters!
Author's Notes: Are there certain aspects of the fic you feel the readers should know? Are there spoilers for a specific episode or season? (All Season 7 fics should have a warning!) This is the place to say it!
3. After the header, your fic is ready to go. But go where you say? To the lists or an archive! Either send your fic to a list (see Writing Resource Links for some Willow Lists) or submit it to an archive (like this one!). Sending to the list will generate more feedback, but there's something about being able to send your friends/relative/co-workers/strangers on the street to a URL that has your fic. *grins* I'd submit it to both!
4. You've sent it out. People are reading it. They feedback to you. What do you do now? Write them back and let them know how much you appreciate their feedback!
If you want, change your fic some more. You can always repost it.